Monday, February 2, 2009

35 weeks

I know we're real behind on belly shots, but as usual, there's not much change to see anyway. Saw Dr. G again today. Sugar levels are looking good now (except for last night when I couldn't stay out of the snacks Arthur had for he and Ross to eat while watching the Super Bowl--Dr. G said at least I fessed up and admitted it was my mistake so that he knew he didn't need to make any adjustments). Blood pressure looked better today. Had lost a pound again. Still measured 37 weeks-Dr. G said that the reason there didn't APPEAR to be any growth was because it felt like the baby had dropped. I have to say that I definitely agree with that statement! Until you've been there yourself, you have no idea how uncomfortable it is with a baby sitting that low in your pelvic cavity. No concern for swelling since it still manages to go away as easily as it comes. Next week, I will have an ultrasound (or technically a biophysical profile since I'm considered high risk) so they'll also check amniotic fluid and the size of the baby and all that fun stuff to make sure the baby's still doing ok. (We might accidentally figure out the sex of the baby while looking around, but mom says she doesn't want to know now that she's waited this long! Hopefully it will remain a surprise, though!) I'll also get the group B strep test next week (won't go into the details of that one but if I test positive, it just means they'll give me some antibiotics during labor to protect the baby). Sunday (Feb 8)at 1 pm is the shower at Grove Hill Methodist Church for anyone who wants to attend. I need to get the pics posted from the family shower, but it will have to wait til another day. Dad's almost finished with the final touches for the nursery so I hope Mom, Arthur and I can get everything on the walls this week and I won't have to worry about any more projects for the room (for a while at least). I guess I need to finish packing my bags here pretty soon too! :)

No comments: