Monday, February 16, 2009

neverending pain

Ok, so since my dr's visit last week I've started experiencing every impending labor symptom/sign/pain imaginable. The only problem is I'm not having regular contractions to make it "real" labor. But I've basically had to put myself on bed rest to be able to endure how uncomfortable this all is. I've even been desperate enough to try every home method imaginable to try to induce labor naturally. For those of you who "swore" to me this or that worked for you, I am here to tell you, NOTHING WORKED!!!! I am still here at home, tired and in pain, and ready for this baby to come on out. I go to see Dr. G in the morning and I assure you he will not be getting sweet, chipper, happy Bridgett that he's used to. He is getting desperate, begging, pleading Bridgett who is going to whine until he induces labor. So, if tired, weepy, hurting Bridgett gets her way tomorrow, we will have a delivery in the next day or so. I am ready for the severe pain to come--at least I know that it will be gone soon, that drugs are available for it, and that a baby being brought into this world will be the end result. This dull pain that never ceases to let up for weeks on end is not what I had planned on enduring. But whatever the doctor's decision is tomorrow, know that we are getting closer (even if it has been an extremely slow process this week) to welcoming a child into our arms.

Oh! And at this rate you can forget there being another maternity shoot. I don't feel like smiling for a camera anymore and don't have the strength or energy to put on makeup and fix my hair. We still have one wall that is missing its' decorations but one day I will show you what the nursery looks like (and perhaps upload photos from the church shower). And of course, the last shower has been put on hold since I keep expecting a trip to the hospital any day now. But the people invited to that one will at least have the advantage of knowing what the sex is for clothing purposes and what we're still lacking in the gift dept.

No comments: