Tuesday, February 17, 2009

no cooperation

Well, since I'm writing this blog, you now know it is evident that I got sent home from the dr's office today. If I don't go into real labor on my own in the next week, Dr. G is making me wait til Mar 1 for an induction. Paula did another BPP today but didn't really have much new info to tell us with this one. The score was still good and I don't have another one scheduled. Paula said last week that she can't call a baby "it" during an ultrasound and always uses a masculine "he" if she has to use a pronoun for babies when parents don't know the sex, but she has usually avoided using pronouns with us. So, it caught me off guard today when she said "What's HIS name?" My response was simply "Turner Gray if it's a boy and Callie Margaret if it's a girl". So, that could have been a slip---or not. Dr. G said I had dilated more today but I never got a number on how much exactly. It was chaotic today with them hooking me up to the monitor for the non stress test. Then, not only did the doc not cooperate with me today, but the baby refused to move for the test. Diet Coke was brought in for me to drink---nothing. Carol shook my poor aching belly---nothing. Finally, she used this buzzer on my stomach til she at least got what she wanted on the chart. And naturally, as soon as she took the monitor off, the child goes to town in my belly. So, unless someone decides to cooperate and put me out of this misery before March 1, you'll be reading another week and a half's worth of blogs of me complaining about how tired and uncomfortable I am and how I'm ready to get this over with. I have one more appt scheduled for next Fri morn (27th) and they'll do another non stress test and finalize the plans for the induction.

No comments: