Tuesday, February 5, 2008

cross your fingers

Arthur got up with a lady in Monroeville today that does cakes. She did a friend's back in December, which makes me feel a little better knowing that I've seen her work. But, she's never done edible photo images before. She's willing to try though. Arthur sent her a photo of the cake I like and a link to a company that does the edible pics, and she's going to give us a quote on how much it'll cost. I'm not nervous yet about sheets of icing being mailed in a timely fashion for a cake to be assembled, but that might change come May. If this idea fails, I guess we'll start contacting bakers in Mobile to help us with the cake. I'm tempted to post the sample for you to see what I'm envisioning, but I almost hate to give it away. Wouldn't you rather be surprised and be able to oooh and ahhhh over it on May 31?

No comments: