Wednesday, November 18, 2009

pooping in the bathtub (sung to the tune of smokin in the boys room)

Well, I finally had to face my fear Sunday night. I knew it would happen some day, but I still wasn't prepared for it. Arthur and I had joked about it many times but there's nothing you can do to get ready for the big moment. We even laughed while he was making bubbles in the tub, while unbeknownst to us, there was more than just pooting going on down there! Arthur didn't believe me at first when I said "I think the water's getting murky." After a few more swishes of the washcloth across Turner's body, he commented, "Um, I think you're right. The water does look murky!" So, I yank Turner up out of the tub and sure enough, there's a brown log hanging out in the bottom of the water there. I grab the towel and head to Turner's room to clean him up while I yell to Arthur--"You have to be the one to clean up that mess!" Not a job anyone wants to be responsible for, mind you. We may laugh about it one day, but we've been pretty nervous the last few nights every time we put Turner in the tub. Just one little grunt and we're jerking him up saying "No pooping in the bathtub!!!"

No comments: