Saturday, November 14, 2009

Developmental stages

Turner's development is accelerated when it comes to some areas. For example, he's smart enough to figure out how to climb on stuff already. My mom has an empty plastic tub that used to hold wipes that now holds rattles and other toys Turner plays with. The boy dumped out the toys, pushed the tub to the couch, and stood up on it in order to climb up on the couch. He's already letting go after he pulls himself up to stand and taking a step before he loses his balance and falls. I firmly believe he's going to be an early walker. But then there are areas where his developmental milestones seem delayed. He took forever to finally roll over. And he's taking forever now to learn to use a sippy cup!!! I think I've already given up on him ever holding his own bottle. Just goes to show you that every child is different and that they don't all fit the mold of "they should be able to do this by such and such time". I don't know how to teach him that he doesn't have superhuman powers though. You're watching him and think there's no way he'll get hurt doing this and BAM! he's done something crazy and now has a bump on his head. My mom thought it was just me last weekend, but after he got hurt twice this week at her house, she realized it wasn't just me not paying attention. Arthur is threatening to buy him a helmet to wear.....

No comments: