Wednesday, November 4, 2009

MADSTU

Mothers Against Daylight Savings Time Unite!!!!! It's never been that difficult for me to adjust the two times a year when we move the clocks, but now that I am a mother, I have a totally different opinion on the whole ordeal! Turner finally seems adjusted, but that first day or two was rough---just let me tell you!!! So, I have decided that all mothers with small children should join forces and boycott Daylight Savings Time so that it will be much easier on our babies. If you're interested in joining the cause, just let me know :)

So, for those of you who didn't know, Turner ran a fever for a day or two and had a runny nose the weekend after we conveniently had him in daycare for one day and out socializing in the night air for two nights. (But this was also after I had been fighting a running nose during the week! and of course Arthur caught it too last week) You get so many different opinions on parenting your child--through books and people--til you don't know what is the best course to take. So, the path I chose was to wait and not run to the doctor at the first sign of a snotty nose. Well, after 9 days of him battling it off and on still, I decided to call the pediatrician's office to see what they recommended. The nurse who called back didn't even know if I needed to bring him in or not!!!! But since we were due for his second flu shot anyway, I went ahead and made an appt--if he was too sick for a flu shot then we at least got meds to get him well and if he wasn't sick, then we got his shot! Turns out we got both visits accomplished. He has an ear infection in both ears and a mild case of eczema, plus he was well enough to get his flu shot. So, he's on antibiotics for 10 days to clear everything up and we'll be greasing him up with Eucerin lotion to see if we can clear up his dry skin patches. We'll see if we try daycare again next week! ;)

No comments: