Tuesday, January 6, 2009

gestational diabetes

Well, since I didn't hear anything yesterday either from the doctor, I called the office this morning to check on my results. My nurse just called me back (3 hours later). And of course I have gestational diabetes. As Carol put it, the test consisted of 3 parts, and I didn't pass a one of them. So, I am supposed to be getting a call from the Diabetes Center at Springhill to schedule an appointment for my education class. I'll have to take an insulin SHOT every morning and prick my finger at least 4 times a day. I'll be on a strict diet and have to do like my brother and write down everything to keep track for the doctor. And Carol said if I was a good girl and followed instructions, then just maybe I won't have a 10 lb baby and require a C section! Yay!

No comments: