Monday, January 19, 2009

33 weeks





(I don't know if the picture does it justice, but this is what 1 oz of hamburger meat looks like. It looked pretty pathetic to me on the plate. So, next time when you bite into that 1/4 pounder with cheese, remember how good you have it. You could be eating something as small as this like me!)
Went to the doctor Friday. Had lost around 5 lbs but he didn't seem too concerned. At least the swelling has gone down. My numbers were ok for the first week but he still wasn't completely happy with my sugar levels first thing in the morning and late at night. So, as Arthur and I suspected, he changed my insulin to include mixing a long acting and a short acting and I now have to give myself TWO shots a day. My blood pressure's still hanging out around the 140/80 mark and I'm still measuring about a week ahead. We went to a childbirth class Saturday. It felt like all the instructor wanted to do was fuss and complain about stuff, so it didn't make for the most enjoyable day. A lot of it was stuff I already knew, but Arthur probably needed to be exposed to some of the info. The best part was getting information specific to the hospital and taking the tour of where we'll be. I guess they don't teach breathing techniques anymore. We did do some relaxation exercises, but being a music therapist, I could have done a better job teaching that portion than she did.

Got the chest of drawers. Will hopefully get that assembled tonight. Been trying to make a decision on a car seat/stroller/travel system now since that seems to be the next big purchase that has to be made before heading to the hospital.

I'll have to go back to Dr. G this Friday. He says he'll see me every week now, especially since I'm diabetic. He says as long as I keep my sugar levels normal, that he may not induce me early, but that he can guarantee he won't let me go past my due date. So, we'll definitely have a baby by the end of the first week of March, but as I poke and prick myself every day, I'm still telling myself it could be earlier.

No comments: