Wednesday, August 26, 2009

H1N1--oh just call it the swine flu already!

Turner started running a fever today and tylenol wasn't helping it come down. So, to make a long story short, we took him to Dr. Frank in Tville. He tested positive for the A strain flu (which is the group that the swine flu belongs to). So, they sent off a test for swine flu to see if it is positive. I have been "hacking" the last few days but hadn't checked my temperature and really didn't think I was suffering from the flu, but I'm the most logical link to Turner contracting it. So, I'm being treated as if I have the flu and Arthur now must be treated to prevent him from getting the flu. So, I can't return to CPS, where most likely I picked it up, until Monday. Dr. Frank was a little worried since Turner seems to be the youngest candidate seen in Clarke Co for the swine flu so far. But considering Turner was still smiling and laughing and cutting up with the dr. and nurses this afternoon, the doc wasn't concerned enough to hospitalize the little one (yet!). So, we've got him on every medicine imaginable and are asking that you join us in praying that he recovers quickly! The word on the street is that this strain is really not that much worse than a normal case of flu, but as Dr. Frank explained, it is a little worrisome for the doctors when they can't predict what will happen next, especially in a 5 1/2 month old, when they've never had any experiences with this particular flu virus. So, we need to keep a close eye on him in the next few days. I'll keep you posted on chunky monkey's progress--hopefully it will be better news next time!

No comments: