Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hospital Lab closed Day after Christmas

I got a call this morning from Springhill Medical Center. Apparently Central Scheduling wasn't aware that the hospital lab would be closed the day after Christmas when they booked me an appointment for my glucose tolerance test. So, I had to reschedule it for New Year's Eve. So, I get to endure 5 more days of avoiding sugar with the hope that it will help me pass the second test. You don't realize how much sugar is in stuff, or how badly you want it til you can't have it. Now I know how it is for my diabetic brother. He had to go "cold turkey" five years ago. At least right now, I still have the option of drinking that sugar-laden juice if I want to. Here's our pic with Santa. Hopefully that catches me up on everything I needed to share. Enjoy your Christmas! Sorry I didn't get cards out this year!

No comments: