Wednesday, November 19, 2008

baby registry

So, I went online and started a baby registry at Babies R Us. It doesn't have much on it right now. I hate making decisions to begin with, but I've found it especially difficult now that a child's involved. I have this desire/fear that I need to make sure I choose the best product that's out there (for the most reasonable price of course). So, there I was on consumerreports.org checking out the recommendations before I click "add to registry" for bathtubs, high chairs, monitors, you name it. But then there's that other part of me that makes it even more difficult to make decisions because I don't want to come across as the mom who only wants certain brands/items. I'm all for the store brand cheap diapers and will use whatever I'm given, even if it's not the digital thermometer that reads rectally, orally, and under the arm that's recommended by choosy moms. At this point in time, we have a bassinet, some blankets, a couple of clothing items, a few toys/books/CDs, 3 4 oz bottles, some bibs, silver cups and spoons, crib sheets, some hand me down socks and washcloths and whatever else I might be forgetting that's in my little stack so far. So, don't think you have to pick a registry item because I'm here to tell you anything would be useful. If you're a mom and there's a product you really liked, let me know what it is! And for all of my friends out there who say payback is hell and can't wait to return the favor of all the musical, noise making gifts I've given over the years, I say Bring it on!!! I think that's what I'm looking most forward to---having all those educational toys to encourage creativity and learning! haha

No comments: