Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CPS Fall Festival

I love Grove Hill. Not to speak ill of other Clarke County cities, of course, but Grove Hill loves them some Turner in some contests. We can spend tons of money, time and effort on entering Turner in competitions elsewhere and we walk away without even an honorable mention, while everyone who sees what we've done says "Wow. That should have won something." But we can do something simple locally and not have any expectations and hear "The winner is...Turner!!" I never realized how disliked the newspaperman is in a place, but that has to be part of the reason his child gets passed over all the time. I say all this to announce that Turner won the costume contest at the CPS Fall Festival this evening in the daycare category. And there were so many other cute kids and costumes that I really didn't think he had a chance. But somehow he won over the judges carting around his stuffed elephant in his zoo keeper costume and hat. He was definitely a cutie in my book. Arthur got a couple of good shots of him tonight that maybe we'll get posted soon. I'm definitely ready to say "Forget entering Turner in anything outside of Grove Hill." If Grove Hill loves my baby, then let's put all of our focus and energy into pleasing the people of this town!!! :) Thanks CPS for doing a great job with the festival tonight.

No comments: