Monday, May 12, 2008

update on engagement announcements

People who have seen the "local" papers have commented on how beautiful the photo was and wanted to know the details of the wedding, since we purposefully left those out. Anyone who struggled hard to find the tiny write up in the Mobile Press Register should know that we cut out all of my info to bring the price down to $78!!! Our original announcement was going to cost us over $400 to run!!! So, we just left Arthur's info, since he's the one from Mobile. We have fought with the Meridian Star the last week trying to get things taken care of with them. Their $40 fee didn't sound so bad after the quote from the Press Register! hahah But trying to get people to talk to you at the Star and help you out was a nightmare and I still can't tell you when it's going to run. But keep your eye out in Meridian the next few Sundays and see if it shows up. And save us a copy if it does. Or at least let us know so that we can make arrangements to buy a copy to keep for the scrapbook.

I think the last shower is now scheduled for this Friday, May 16th at 6 pm at Kristi Smith's house. Hopefully I'll have the scrapbook semi-updated for the reception! I know I still have some pics to upload on here, and I'm sure there's lots more to tell you in the next few weeks, but I'm not guaranteeing anything at this point in time!! My blogs may remain dormant til June but I'm going to try to hook you up between now and then!!! :)

No comments: